Shepherding Sheep Volunteer
Camp Wartburg’s Shepherding Sheep volunteer program provides youth (entering 8th grade and up) and adults with opportunities to develop leadership skills by working with adults and children who are mentally and/or physically disabled.
When is the Shepherding Sheep servant event?
Shepherding Sheep takes place the week of Memorial Day and is divided into two sessions. The first session begins Sunday afternoon and runs through Wednesday morning. The second session begins on Wednesday afternoon and runs through Saturday morning.
When is training?
Training for servant event volunteers begins at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday or Wednesday (depending on the volunteer’s day of arrival). Campers do not arrive until 3:00 p.m. on the corresponding start date. Applicants must attend training in order to serve for either session. Note: Shepherding Sheep volunteer training IS NOT the same as junior counselor training.
Things to know prior to starting your Shepherding Sheep volunteer application:
Once you begin your application, you will be unable to save it.
Following is a list of application requirements. You must have each of these items in order to complete the survey. Please read through each item carefully, as Camp Wartburg is unable to retrieve incomplete applications.
You will be asked to select the sessions for which you are available. Please do not select sessions that you cannot attend.
- Each volunteer selected will be guaranteed one session. An additional session may be possible depending on the volunteer’s availability and Camp Wartburg’s needs.
Applicants under the age of 18 are required to provide parent/guardian name, email address and phone number. If accepted into the Shepherding Sheep program, additional information and signatures will be required for the young-adult volunteers.
Ready? Set? Start…
- 1. You will need to create an UltraCamp account in order to apply to be a volunteer.
- 2. If you are a minor, please make your parent/legal guardian the head of the account and list yourself as one of the children.
- 3. You will then need to select “Shepherding Sheep Volunteer Application” under Program Choices.
- 4. Once you have selected the application you will follow the step-by-step registration process and fill out the application form.
- 5. Online registration (UltraCamp)
Please Note: Shepherding Sheep volunteers and junior counselors DO NOT fill out the same application. Junior Counselor Program