Summer Overnight Camp
Have you made plans yet for this summer? Sign your kids up for a fun and faith-based summer program.
Camp Wartburg offers an array of overnight summer programs for all ages. During the week, children will be in small groups led by college-age men and women doing a combination of nature-centered, signature camp activities such as pond canoeing, archery, pond studies, fire-building, swimming, going on nature hikes, etc. and special program activities. Every overnight program is unique and designed to make sure that every week your child is enrolled at Camp Wartburg you go on a different adventure!
All campers will participate in Group Initiative Courses (GICs) throughout the week which helps them learn valuable skills such as communication, trust, teamwork, problem-solving and leadership. Additionally, campers will have an opportunity to challenge themselves on one of our climbing courses. First through third graders will learn basic climbing skills on the Indoor Rock Wall, fourth through sixth graders are able to climb the Outdoor Rock Wall and ride the Zip Line and sixth graders plus older children have access to the entire High Ropes Poles Course. This encourages campers to come back each year and improve upon their skills.
Why YOU should send your child or grandchild to Camp Wartburg…
- Faith Focused. We strive to create a safe camp environment. Campers have the opportunity to build deeper relationships with Jesus, their Savior, in the midst of their Father’s creation, by the power of the Spirit.
- Excellent Staff. We select and train college-age group leaders who have a passion for the Lord and a love for His children as they provide guidance, protection and personal attention to each camper.
- Convenient Location. Within an hour of St. Louis, Camp Wartburg is nestled in the rolling hills of Southern Illinois, near Waterloo. With 124 acres of woods, fields, water, and trails, Camp Wartburg seems far away to campers but comfortably close to parents.
- Lasting Memories. Your child will take part in an adventure they will remember for a lifetime through programs carefully designed, selected and managed to offer physical, emotional and spiritual challenges and promote personal growth.
- Meals. Three healthy, nutritional, kid approved meals and an evening snack are provided daily.
- Lodging. Our air-conditioned cabins have bathrooms and are used by all campers except for participants in outdoor programs. (Fishing, Survival and Trip Camps)
Camp Warburg also provides Christ-centered ministries to youth through Shepherding Sheep events for people with developmental disabilities. In addition, we work in partnership with organizations such as HIS Kids -serving children struggling with cancer and their siblings and other local organizations, including church congregations.
Junior Counselor Program
Are you entering your Sophomore year of high school in the fall of 2022? Do you have a heart for service and want to spend a couple of weeks serving the Lord and working with children who attend Camp? Consider applying to be a Junior Counselor! You will help our college-age staff lead small groups, practice your Christian leadership skills and grow your faith in the process. Applications are online. Once accepted, junior counselors must attend a training session in the spring.
For more information on any of Camp Wartburg’s programs, contact 618-939-7715 x1 or email Program Coordinator Faith Morris at Faith_Morris@lcfs.org.